part of my valentine's gift to the hubs is usually a mix cd. the last time i made him one it was full of all of "our songs," you know, mush, mush, mush. these have a degree of mush but also there's some fun stuff thrown in there. and every one of them says something about the way i feel for him or the way i hope he feels about me.
1. told you so- the guggenheim grotto
2. first day of my life- bright eyes "this is the first day of my life, glad i didn't die before i met you. now i don't care i could go anywhere with you and i'd probably be happy...i'd rather be working for a paycheck than waiting to win the lottery."
3. real love (beatles cover)- regina spektor
4. lay and love- bonnie "prince" billy
5. marry me- suburban kids with biblical names
6. the book of love- the magnetic fields "the book of love has music in it, in fact that's where music comes from. some of it is just transcendental, some of it is just really dumb. but i, i love it when you sing to me, and you, you can sing me anything."
7. your arms around me- jens lekman
8. only with you- the beach boys "love's so many things that i feel i have only felt with you, and then there are the things that we do, i have only done with you...i know one thing for sure i wanna do, i wanna spend this life with you, only with you."
9. this must be the place (naive melody)- talking heads "and you're standing here beside me, i love the passing of time. never for money, always for love, cover up and say goodnight..."
10. promises- badly drawn boy
11. dreams come true girl- cass mccombs "you're not my dream girl, you're not my reality girl, you're my dreams-come-true girl."
12. i found a reason(velvet underground cover)- cat power
13. if you let me be your anchor- dawes
14. here at the right time- josh ritter
what are some of your favorite love songs?